Dear Oregon League Coaches,
We’ve been working with NICA’s National coach licensing team to come up with the best alternative to our in-person Leaders’ Summit and are excited to share our updated plan!
NICA’s team has come up with a nation-wide solution to provide multiple live webinar options (see schedule below) available to all leagues. The training will consist of the 5 core courses to fulfill the Coach Level 3 Leaders’ Summit requirement. These courses can also be used for CEUs. The webinars are free to attend, but require registration.
REGISTRATION: Check out this calendar and click on the course(s) you’d like to take, then follow the prompts to register.
There are a variety of options for dates and timing. Some are broken up individual one hour sessions while full Leaders’ Summit trainings are held during a single day. Here’s the schedule:
- 4/21: Coach Licensing and Registration from 6-7AM
- 4/22: Starting and Managing a NICA Team from 6-7AM
- 4/23: Risk Management and Safety Reporting from 6-7AM
- 4/24: NICA Handbook from 6-7AM
- 5/2: Full Leaders’ Summit session from 8:30AM-3:30PM
- 5/4: Working with the NICA Student Athlete from 10-11AM
- 5/5: Coach Licensing and Registration from 10-11AM
- 5/6: Starting and Managing a NICA Team from 10-11AM
- 5/7: Risk Management and Safety Reporting from 10-11AM
- 5/8: NICA Handbook from 10-11AM
- 5/16: Full Leaders’ Summit from 6:30AM-1:30PM
- 5/18: Working with the NICA Student Athlete from 6-7PM
- 5/19: Coach Licensing and Registration from 6-7PM
- 5/20: Starting and Managing a NICA Team from 6-7PM
- 5/21: Risk Management and Safety Reporting from 6-7PM
- 5/22: NICA Handbook from 6-7PM
We’re excited to connect with the greater NICA community for the core courses, but we don’t want to miss the opportunity to virtually gather for our own Oregon specific discussions. It’s important to continue building our statewide network and to share what we’ve collectively learned now that many of us have had a couple years of experience. To that end, we’ll be doing one hour sessions from May through June to discuss things like goal setting for student-athletes, nutrition, succession planning, how to recruit more girls and women, and more. We encourage both experienced and new coaches to attend and work together. Exact sessions and schedule to be shared in the coming weeks.
Thanks to the generosity of NICA’s National team and the fact that we are able to present through Zoom with no cost, both the National courses and our Oregon specific workshops will be offered for free! We will be offering refunds to everyone who would like one, however, if you are able to treat your registration as a donation, we would greatly appreciate the help. If you would like a refund, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We’ll begin scheduling dates for the in-person portion of OTB 101 and NICA Certified First Aid training throughout the state as soon as we have a better idea of when we will be able to gather in groups, so stay tuned for that. Keep posted for more details on a coach campout sometime in August, too!
NICA Coach Licensing Presents Pre-Scheduled Live Leader Summit Webinars
- Sessions cover the 5 core courses needed to fulfill the Coach Level 3 Leaders’ Summit requirement or can be used for CEUs.
- To accommodate varying schedules, Online LS will be offered in 5 hour-long sessions during the week covering one topic each day or in one 7-hour session every other Saturday covering all 5 (including breaks)
- NICA Coach Licensing handles all scheduling and registration. Pre-registration will be required and will be available through the Google calendar schedule.
- Sessions will run through May 22nd. See below for schedule:
- Schedule of Open Leader Summit Sessions – links to register for a session are in the details of each day.
- There is a limit of 100 participants per session. Spots will be filled on first come, first served basis.
- Certificates of completion for Coach License Level 3 will be sent by NICA Coach Licensing once a coach completes all 5 required sessions.
- Certificates will be sent to coaches who are seeking CEU credits based on the number of sessions they complete. Coaches will then upload the certificate into their Pitzone profile for approval.
- For example, if a coach attends 3 of the 5 sessions, they will receive a certificate stating they completed 3 hours of CEU content.